A 14 year old boy identified as James Chima has died in Nkhata Bay after being struck by lightning.
Nkhata Bay Police spokesperson Ignatius Esau said the incident occured on November 19, 2016, when the boy left his home to eat mangoes within his village.
“Whilst there, rain accompanied by lightning started pouring and in the process James was struck by lightning and died on spot after sustaining severe burns”, said Esau.
Police accompanied by medical personnel rushed to the crime scene where postmortem that was conducted showed that death was caused by shock.
Meanwhile, Police are urging parents not let their children go out while its raing to avoid the occurrance of such unexpected incidents.
James Chima hailed from John Chima village in the area of Traditional Authority (TA) Kabunduli in Nkhata Bay district.