Malawi: 2 Year Old Boy Burnt To Death In A House Fire.

Sponsored Links

Police in Malawi are strongly advising parents with small kids not to leave them alone without someone looking after them.

The advice comes barely after a 2 year old boy died in Kasungu after the house he was in alone caught fire. This occurred on September 1, 2016, in the village of Chilowamatambe at around 1500 hours. The deceased was identified as Thokozani Chirwa.

Confirming the ordeal, the district’s deputy public relations officer, Harry Namwaza said the child was left behind to attend other family businesses.

“On this material day, the mother of the deceased who is not of full sound mind left the deceased playing outside the mud thatched house alone and went to attend other businesses. It is strongly believed that after playing outside, the deceased went into the house where he fell asleep. His mother left bathing water boiling on the open fire. While he was fast asleep, due to strong wind that was blowing, the house caught fire that burnt the deceased to death”, said Namwaza.

Postmortem conducted by the Kasungu medical personnel revealed that death occurred due to suffocation secondary to severe burns.

The deceased hailed from Khalapadzuwa village under Traditional Authority (TA) Chilowamatambe in Kasungu district.

 

 

Sponsored Links