House Razed Down By Fire; Property Valued At MK2.7 Million Damaged.

Sponsored Links

A sad development occured on Wednesday after fire gutted down goods valued at K2,700,000 at Chintheche in Nkhata Bay district.

As per police report made available to News Watch Reviews by Nkhata Bay Police Publist Ignatius Esau indicates that on the material day Mrs Teleza Manda, 27 of Mgolozela village under Traditional Authority Mkumbira in the district forgot to switch of a stove and left the house.

“On September 5, 2017, she was cooking using a hotplate inside her house which is located near Chintheche trading centre and after cooking, she forgot to switch it off and went out to fetch some firewood in the nearby bush”, said Esau.

Esau added that, while she was in the bush her neighbour informed her that the house was up in flames.

“They both rushed to the scene and efforts to put out the fire as well as rescue household property proved futile since by then, the fire had already done the damage”.

News Watch Reviews understands that Mrs. Manda told the police that thr property which has been damaged in the inferno is valued at K2,700,000.

Meanwhile Police is advising people to make sure that they switch off any electrical appliance whenever not in use so that such accidents may be avoided.

 

 

Sponsored Links