A 2 Year Old Boy Dies After A Phone Battery Explodes While Charging.

Sponsored Links

A sombre mood engulfed a family of Mr Nthali at Zamandere village under Traditional Authority Mkumbira in Nkhata Bay after a 2 year old boy identified as Aliford Nthali died after a phone battery that was being charged through a booster in a room where he was sleeping bursted into flames.

Nkhata Bay Police publist Ignatius Esau told News Watch Reviews that on the night of October 14, 2016, Alford was sleeping in a room while his friends were chatting at a neighbouring house.

“A phone battery was being charged in the same room using a booster and at a later stage the phone battery got saturated and bursted into flames that spreaded on the beddings of the deceased”, said Esau.

According to Esau, the deceased failed to escape as he was deep asleep and was burnt to death.

“The community members tried to rescue him but their efforts proved futile. Its on our record that items worth MK140, 000 were also burnt to ashes in the inferno”, he concluded.

The scene of incident was visited by Police in conjunction with the medical personnel and postmortem that was conducted indicated that death was due to suffocation.

 

Sponsored Links